Monday, October 8, 2007

Oh how I love NYC!

Well I made it back from NYC, and made it through a hectic but fun weekend.
New York was a blast. I do love that city. The energy there is so uplifting, and the constant bustle of people is so intriguing to me. I have always been a people-watcher, so big cities are lots of fun in that respect. Just sitting on the subway, watching everyone around me is purely entertaining to me. It was an early-morning flight, and the view of the sunrise from the airplane window was incredible.

We got some cool new beads that will be up on Beadtrust.com soon. And we actually had some time to shop. But believe it or not, I couldn't find a single thing to spend my money on. Actually, there were lots of things that I would loved to have brought home with me, but they were waayyyy out of my price range. So my wallet is happy, and the fashionista inside of me was a bit sad. But the truth of the matter is that I have everything I need, and the last thing I need is more clothes. It was a nice time to reflect and be thankful for all that I do have, and pull some of those rarely-touched items of clothing out of the back of the closet. I have quite an extensive closet, and I have a roof over my head and food on the table, so I was just being greedy, and falling prey to consumer culture.
I find that every time I resist the urge to buy something, I get an urge to make something new to wear (usually a new piece of jewelry, but sometimes clothes). So in typical fashion, I came back home and made a new necklace, which I LOVE! It's on the front page of my site. I think you'll like it too. The beads are really intricate, and I love the colors.

We did have some incredible food while we were in NYC too. If you are ever in SOHO and looking for a place to eat, go to Cafe Habana. You won't be dissapointed. It's a tiny little Cuban restaurant, and they have the most incredible grilled corn. It's covered in this cheesy sauce, lime juice, and paprika, and my mouth is watering while I type this. If you don't believe me, look at this, and tell me it doesn't look divine:

Ummm mmm good!
And here's a cute shot of me and Aveesh, that we took of ourselves in Cafe Habana.

It was a lovely trip, and I hope we sell these beads fast so we can go back soon!
I've got some orders to fill this week, so there probably won't be anything new up for another week or so. But I did put some new items in the Fall section of my site last week. So if you haven't seen them yet, take a peek.
Here's wishing you all a splendid week-
Carter

No comments: